Thanks mostly to Starbucks but to other mom & pop cafés (who could use our help right now!), caffe lattes became so popular, even McDonald’s makes them. If you didn’t already know, the phrase comes from the Italian caffè e latte, which means “coffee and milk.” Obviously, if you drop the “caffe” part of the phrase, you are just left with milk…and anything else you’d like to add to it to make a delicious latte.
Enter our Golden Milk Herbal Elixir. Hang onto your healthy hats, folks, this product is going to rock your latte world. (Also, you will most def not find this at McDonald’s.)
Our Golden Milk powder is made of powerful herbs and adaptogens to enhance your wellness routine. The ingredients:
- Turmeric. This spice is the main spice used in curry, but the plant’s root is often used to make medicine. Turmeric contains curcumin, a chemical that is thought to help with inflammation.
- Ginger. Ginger is the little root that could. It is also an adaptogen with all kinds of other powerful nutrients. Its list of known health benefits goes from helping with nausea to its anti-inflammatory properties and other things that it has been employed to treat for thousands of years.
- Coconut. Once a widely maligned food, coconut has been rediscovered as having some very beneficial properties. It is a powerhouse of manganese, a mineral that helps your body maintain a healthy brain, nervous system, immune function and bone health, as well as many other nutrients.
- Black pepper. So, check this out: that seasoning you take for granted, just salt’s sidekick? Turns out it’s got magic powers, too. While it also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it becomes even more powerful when you combine it with turmeric. Why? Because the active ingredient in black pepper, piperine, helps your body better absorb curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric. When you put the two together, you get more bang for your turmeric buck. Science is so cool.
- Chicory root powder. Chicory root is rich in a type of fiber called inulin. Inulin is a probiotic, which supports gut health. It also contains small amounts of Vitamin B and manganese.
In addition to those ingredients, we add in 1000 milligrams of CBD, made from our all-natural, from-the-roots-up hemp plants grown at our farm here in Millerton, New York. With all those amazing ingredients, what else could you possibly need? Maybe milk? Here’s how to make a delicious Golden Milk Latte.
- Set a small saucepan over low heat. Add your milk of choice, 1 teaspoon of Golden Milk powder per cup of milk. Optional add-ins are sweetener of choice and additional spices like a cinnamon stick or black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Bring to steaming, just below a simmer. Do not let it come to a boil. Keep just below a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove the cinnamon stick if you added it. If you added other spices that need to be strained out, strain using a fine mesh strainer then return to the pan. If you like your lattes on the sweeter side still, you can add a dash of vanilla.
- Use a frother or French press to froth the tea, if desired. Pour into a mug and spoon the froth over the top. Enjoy!
This warming beverage is perfect for chilly fall evenings, from its golden color to its healthy spices. Curl up with your favorite blanket, person, furry friend or in front of a fire for an experience we’re sure you’ll enjoy a latte!
Check out co-founder Paul Harney whipping up a Golden Milk Latte using Oatly oat milk, a delicious plant-based alternative to the traditional milk-based latte.