Golden Milk Muffins
Love carrot cake muffins but looking for a healthier alternative? In addition to being vegan and oil-free, these amazing muffins have the added benefit of our Golden Milk powder, packed with powerful adaptogens like turmeric and ginger, spices, and maple syrup for sweetening and flavor, and you’ve got yourself a tasty, healthy treat!
Golden Milk Muffins Recipe
- 1 ¾ C oat flour
- ½ C coconut flour
- 3 tsp Golden Milk Powder
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 ¼ C lite coconut milk
- ⅔ C maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
Stir-ins and Topping:
- ½ C raisins
- ½ C raw walnut halves, chopped, plus another handful or two for sprinkling on top (optional)
Optional Coconut Butter-Turmeric Glaze:
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk, divided
- 1/16 tsp cinnamon
Optional Fun Stuff:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin pan or use liners or a silicone pan to prevent sticking.
- Add the oat flour to a large bowl. Sift in any of the remaining dry ingredients if they appear clumpy. Whisk all the dry ingredients together very well. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the raisins and chopped walnuts, if using.
- Evenly divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with additional chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm when lightly pressed. Alternatively, insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to check for doneness. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, put the coconut butter in a small bowl or mug and microwave for just 10 to 15 seconds or until melted. Use a fork to whisk in the maple syrup and about 2 teaspoons of milk. Add a small amount of turmeric and whisk again until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add another teaspoon of milk. Taste and adjust sweetness and turmeric as desired.
- For extra golden fun, top with gold sprinkles!
Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or in the refrigerator for up to five days. Muffins can also be frozen for longer storage.